Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Final Post

In our world today, one blink of the eye and there is some new gadget or program that involves technology. Our society is growing up in the age of technology and the generations behind us will grow up with more technology surrounding them. Even if we are not technology or computer teachers we are teachers and have the responsibility still to educate our students and prepare them for the outside world. Therefore I believe that it is very important to incorporate technology into my classroom.  I can do this through projects and having the students use technology and even through lessons by having myself demonstrate using technology. Students do not always need to be hands on but just be exposed to it at the very least. By incorporating technology myself and the students are following the growing age and always learning new skills that can be helpful and make tasks easier. it also allows use t be creative. We are all growing with skills as technology grows and changes. Yet, that can also be a challenge. With the rapid pace of technology sometimes it may be hard to keep up. I can vividly remember always using PowerPoint presentations and then a couple years go by and PowerPoint seems so out of date compared to all the new software. I felt like I missed a decade and would never learn how to use any of the new technologies. I was to the point I did not want an iphone because it could do to much. But never the less I did learn new software and I did get an iphone and I am comfortable using them all. I am thankful to take this class because I felt like I am up to date with all the new technologies although I know for certain I am not, but I did acquire a new handful of useful skills that I can use in my teaching Cabrera. I also appreciate technology much more than I did and am no longer intimidated by it. I learned so much and I am so glad I needed to take this class for my major because I acquired many new useful and helpful skills that will help me and benefit me in my career before during and after.

No comments:

Post a Comment